Berry Power Smoothie |breakfast smoothie | breakfast drinks
|Berry Power Smoothie|
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- A few frozen strawberries or mango slices
- 1 scoop protein powder*
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup filtered water, rice milk or soy milk
- Combine all of the ingredients in your blender. (To make your morning prep even easier (and more cost-effective), buy fruit in bulk, prepare it and then freeze it so it’s ready to go.)
- Turn blender on the lowest setting, letting the powder mix in for a few seconds before increasing the power to the highest setting. Blend on high for about 1 minute or longer, until smoothly blended.
- Pour into a big glass and enjoy 🙂
The reason I started incorporating protein powder into my smoothies is that I stick to a mostly vegan diet and wanted to ensure my body got enough protein. If you feel your protein needs are met, leave out the protein powder and you’ll still have a delicious, nutritious and easy-on-the-digestion smoothie that your body will thank you for. Cheers!